Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blown engine

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well, I went to do my 130k oil change and found this on my whoosh magnetic drain plug. IMG_3753.jpeg
Obviously my engine is done for, I’m planning on pulling it and rebuilding it (I have a buddy who has rebuilt many Subaru engines helping me). Any idea what these pieces are from?

LucasHigh

Premium Account
Well, I went to do my 130k oil change and found this on my whoosh magnetic drain plug. View attachment 64277
Obviously my engine is done for, I’m planning on pulling it and rebuilding it (I have a buddy who has rebuilt many Subaru engines helping me). Any idea what these pieces are from?
and you never noticed anything until doing the oilchange?
I really have no idea what those could be from if not from the rods

no idea, but send her until she don't send no more. i personally wouldn't rebuild UNLESS you want to go for big power OR you want to be conservative and let me get the used motor instead

WannabeST

no idea, but send her until she don't send no more. i personally wouldn't rebuild UNLESS you want to go for big power OR you want to be conservative and let me get the used motor instead
It's possible if you keep running the engine to cause irreversible damage. I had an s2000 engine where the walls were too beat up and basically needed oversized pistons to rebuild and was out of my budget. I've had an integra engine throw a rod out the block before too because I kept sending it after my engine was knowingly losing power.

You can wait till it stops running, but the ability to rebuild the engine may go away completely. or your rebuild cost could go higher. A simple rebuild in this situation could prevent anything catastrophic

It's possible if you keep running the engine to cause irreversible damage. I had an s2000 engine where the walls were too beat up and basically needed oversized pistons to rebuild and was out of my budget. I've had an integra engine throw a rod out the block before too because I kept sending it after my engine was knowingly losing power.

You can wait till it stops running, but the ability to rebuild the engine may go away completely. or your rebuild cost could go higher. A simple rebuild in this situation could prevent anything catastrophic
you CAN think logically and address the problem before it gets worse, but the hard part is that i am more of a problem than my blown motor is.
(i am not speaking truth, my car will run just fine when the suspension is fixed)