Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best Performance Street Coilovers

Hey everyone, I currently have Swift Spec R lowering springs and Koni Yellows with the Powerflex bushing in the rear perch. Car handles amazingly well, but I cannot stand the wheel gap. I want to 'upgrade' to a coilover set-up to eliminate the wheel gap but do not want to give up the amazing handling characteristics of the car currently. Money is no object, I am willing to save for as long as I need to have the right set-up on the car (This is my forever car) so I am open to any and all suggestions here. Is the answer KW? Is there something even better? Car is not tracked (it might be one day, same with autocross) but I do a LOT of spirited mountain road driving. It is still my daily, but I am not unwilling to deal with harsh suspension if it performs well. I would love advice from people with personal experience with a performance coilover alternative to my current set up, thanks!

thumbnail_IMG_2367.jpg

OP
CreepyOldMan
Thread Starter #5

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've been on MeisterR coils since 2016 for about 65k miles. Taught but not harsh. Absolutely love them. You can adjust height and stiffness to your liking. They've gone up a couple of hundred in price since i bought them, close to 1,300 now. The current price point has me considering paying a bit more to replace them and buy the Fortune Auto 500 series. The MRs have been great but the one nagging issue is the rear adjusters can only be reached with the wheels off of the ground. The FAs have a remote adjuster and seem to have as good a rep as MR.

MeisterR ZetaCRD Coilovers for Ford Fiesta ST (MK6/MK7) 08+ - MeisterR High Performance Suspension & Coilovers

Fortune Auto 500 Series Gen7 coilover kit 2014-2019 Fiesta ST – whoosh motorsports (whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com)

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Hey everyone, I currently have Swift Spec R lowering springs and Koni Yellows with the Powerflex bushing in the rear perch. Car handles amazingly well, but I cannot stand the wheel gap. I want to 'upgrade' to a coilover set-up to eliminate the wheel gap but do not want to give up the amazing handling characteristics of the car currently. Money is no object, I am willing to save for as long as I need to have the right set-up on the car (This is my forever car) so I am open to any and all suggestions here. Is the answer KW? Is there something even better? Car is not tracked (it might be one day, same with autocross) but I do a LOT of spirited mountain road driving. It is still my daily, but I am not unwilling to deal with harsh suspension if it performs well. I would love advice from people with personal experience with a performance coilover alternative to my current set up, thanks!

View attachment 48668
I think this thing sits nicely but I know the preferences are all over the map. I was looking at either BC's or pretty much your set up but with Bilstein B6...I digress. Following.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Just to clarify since ~2019 the Meisterr can be adjusted from the top for both front and rear. No lying on your back for the rears anymore.

Lays

I've been on MeisterR coils since 2016 for about 65k miles. Taught but not harsh. Absolutely love them. You can adjust height and stiffness to your liking. They've gone up a couple of hundred in price since i bought them, close to 1,300 now. The current price point has me considering paying a bit more to replace them and buy the Fortune Auto 500 series. The MRs have been great but the one nagging issue is the rear adjusters can only be reached with the wheels off of the ground. The FAs have a remote adjuster and seem to have as good a rep as MR.

MeisterR ZetaCRD Coilovers for Ford Fiesta ST (MK6/MK7) 08+ - MeisterR High Performance Suspension & Coilovers

Fortune Auto 500 Series Gen7 coilover kit 2014-2019 Fiesta ST – whoosh motorsports (whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com)
My MR's have adjusters in the hatch, the little extender things. I just cut a small hole above each rear strut in my carpet to use the adjusters. I think the old models probably didn't have that feature?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If money is no object....Moton 3 ways. Get ready for a 2nd mortgage though.

https://motonsuspensionusa.com/prod...517-019-2008-2018-ford-fiesta-16-zetec-st-ja8
...or the Reiger R2 tarmac rally setup for about the same co$t new (pic below is used ones)

1652131961861.png

But yeah, I personally would consider anything lower than where your car sits right now to be 'slammed', and much lower and you WILL lose the handling due to geometry/angle changes in the control arms, etc.

Even though that is a bit too low for my uses, that car currently sits about perfect to my eyes, especially with those sweet Superturismo LMs on it! [twothumb] [wink]

Last edited:

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just to clarify since ~2019 the Meisterr can be adjusted from the top for both front and rear. No lying on your back for the rears anymore.
My MR's have adjusters in the hatch, the little extender things. I just cut a small hole above each rear strut in my carpet to use the adjusters. I think the old models probably didn't have that feature?
This is news to me! In that case. The older models do not have this. I'll be buying another set of MRs!

Wheel gap for reference. This was this past winter. Left it at MR's out of the box height.
IMG_20211221_080605.jpg

kevinatfms

:ROFLMAO: I brought it on myself I suppose, but probably not going to spend that much. Do you have personal experience with them?
Not on this platform but they are well known in road racing as being one of the pinnacle damper suppliers. They have more than enough experience in fabricating suspension packages than the common coilover companies that we usually see.

I did drive an S197 Mustang with Moton 2 ways and it was an eye opener to what a race bred damper package can provide. My S197 felt like driving a dump truck in comparison as i was on Tokico blues w/ springs.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Not on this platform but they are well known in road racing as being one of the pinnacle damper suppliers. They have more than enough experience in fabricating suspension packages than the common coilover companies that we usually see.

I did drive an S197 Mustang with Moton 2 ways and it was an eye opener to what a race bred damper package can provide. My S197 felt like driving a dump truck in comparison as i was on Tokico blues w/ springs.
No doubt Moton are awesome but like the description in the link said for the Professional racer. OP is asking for street coilover‘s and while not at the level of Motons both Meister R and Fortune Auto have been track proven and are a good affordable compromise . 8k for suspension for our cars even for someone with money is ridiculous if not building a full time IMSA of Pro Rally type car.

P.S. let’s not forgot the adage “if you want win a million in racing spend 5”.

kevinatfms

No doubt Moton are awesome but like the description in the link said for the Professional racer. OP is asking for street coilover‘s and while not at the level of Motons both Meister R and Fortune Auto have been track proven and are a good affordable compromise . 8k for suspension for our cars even for someone with money is ridiculous if not building a full time IMSA of Pro Rally type car.

P.S. let’s not forgot the adage “if you want win a million in racing spend 5”.
He said "money is no object". I was just highlighting one of the best damper package available for our cars with a "money is no object" price.

If he said, street coilovers under $2000 then it would be a different story.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
He said "money is no object". I was just highlighting one of the best damper package available for our cars with a "money is no object" price.

If he said, street coilovers under $2000 then it would be a different story.
Of course but I pointed out Moton are track coilover‘s and sophisticated ones at that. I do not see them as a street setup. You may and we can agree to disagree on that.

I'm a big fan of BCs as a street/autox coilover setup. Love mine on this platform and others. They have the right features and spare parts are available even if youre out of warranty

OP
CreepyOldMan
Thread Starter #19
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I didn't realize that the coilovers for this car are adjustable with everything together, definitely better than what I'm used to with other vehicles! Sounds like MeisterR or FA are the way to go. I Will begin saving and do more research on those two specifically. Thanks again!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, but most of the lower cost, Taiwanese built/sourced coil overs for these cars incorporate an 'all in one' rebound and compression damping setting, and one must trust that those manufacturers 'got it correct' on just how they ramp up both of those adjustments together, at the same time. [wink]

That said, for all street use, and even for most street cars taken on track, that setup is just fine. [thumb]