Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Amount of Room Inside Your FiST

I don't own a Ford Fiesta ST but I like the car. I am looking at a 2015 Ford Fiesta ST in Green Envy Metallic paint with fairly low miles. I have a question about the amount of room inside the little pup. Is it tight for you in the driver's seat? I test drove a FiST about 5 years ago and the dude selling it rode in back with his buddy. I felt a slight bit claustrophobic driving the car. It wasn't the seat but it was how the roof slopes down and the windshield takes over. But, to be honest, that short test drive wasn't enough to really give me a solid feel for driving the car. It was in a residential area of El Paso, TX.

Are any of you guys fairly big that own Fiesta ST's? Do you feel crammed in there, or are you fine with it? It is such a cool body design and it has plenty of power.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
My driving experience started with the original Fiesta in 1978, but my daily driver now is an F150 Crew Cab. My toy is a 1994 Miata. But my wife dailies the 2019 Fiesta ST, which I get to drive fairly often. I don't find the car to be all that cramped even though it's obviously not as roomy as the F150.

Sam4

I don't own a Ford Fiesta ST but I like the car. I am looking at a 2015 Ford Fiesta ST in Green Envy Metallic paint with fairly low miles. I have a question about the amount of room inside the little pup. Is it tight for you in the driver's seat? I test drove a FiST about 5 years ago and the dude selling it rode in back with his buddy. I felt a slight bit claustrophobic driving the car. It wasn't the seat but it was how the roof slopes down and the windshield takes over. But, to be honest, that short test drive wasn't enough to really give me a solid feel for driving the car. It was in a residential area of El Paso, TX.

Are any of you guys fairly big that own Fiesta ST's? Do you feel crammed in there, or are you fine with it? It is such a cool body design and it has plenty of power.
I'll bet most of the folks on this site are in that car alone most of the time. I can cram a lot of stuff in that car w/ a passenger, but I dont want that on the New Jersey Turnpike...alone? my only fear is a Statie

OP
KonaBlueST
Thread Starter #5
Cool. Yeah, the Green Envy Metallic one I'm looking at has the Recaro's. I'm sure Ford wouldn't build the Fiesta ST too small in the driver's area. They'd lose customers that way. I think what was going on was the dude wanting to sell it was in back and with the two of those dudes in the back I felt...umm...imposed upon. I'll bet it would be different alone in the car. That's the way I'd rather have it, anyway. Thanks for your input!

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
You're welcome. I have my seat cranked up a few notches, and my head is still a good 5 to 6" from the roof, and I have the sunroof.
I also have plenty of room for my elbows and feet .

The Recaros are pretty tight under the armpits. I’m not tall so I have plenty of room there. The roof slope really affects rear visibility and makes it feel small looking behind you. Like you can only see about 100 feet or so behind you. Lots of bumpers in the rearview.

Big boy here. Tall torso, big BMX kegs. XXL shirt. I get in recaros.

The adjustment of the seat height doesn’t suit my short legs as the hamstring area is a bit high. To get the seat down enough I give up clutch ease.

One day I hope to lower the seat and raise up the adjustment. Or steal the sparcos out of my other car.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm 6'2" and 240lbs. I have to pull my seat forward about 3-4" in order to sit comfortably to reach the pedals. It's the only car I've had that I had to do this. That leaves enough room for an average adult to sit in the rear, which as of today, has never happened. It's a relatively small car but has tons of room.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
6'1" 150llbs
I've always loved a straight-back seat. Seat is all the way back. No issues.
I've seen how leather can crack-up with other vehicles so avoided the Recaros. But damn do they look nice.
Note, the driver leg and footwell area, possibly the seat to are larger than the passenger. The passenger is cramped however the driver side is roomy. (unless you're Shaq)

OP
KonaBlueST
Thread Starter #17
6'1" 150llbs
I've always loved a straight-back seat. Seat is all the way back. No issues.
I've seen how leather can crack-up with other vehicles so avoided the Recaros. But damn do they look nice.
Note, the driver leg and footwell area, possibly the seat to are larger than the passenger. The passenger is cramped however the driver side is roomy. (unless you're Shaq)
Shouldn't the passenger just be able to put the butt part of their Recaro back about 4 inches for a 5'4" person, just for an example for size purposes, and be fine for comfortable room? I'm feeling a lot better about seat room now for the Ford Fiesta ST.

I just bought one a few weeks ago and I'm loving the interior. I'm 6'1" and broad shouldered and I feel fine driving it daily, even better than my previous mid-size to be honest. The Recaros look extreme but they're really comfy! And I've been able to fit a few younger siblings in the back in relative comfort.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Shouldn't the passenger just be able to put the butt part of their Recaro back about 4 inches for a 5'4" person, just for an example for size purposes, and be fine for comfortable room? I'm feeling a lot better about seat room now for the Ford Fiesta ST.
Yes. The passenger seat moves just as far as the drivers seat. And the seats are the same size.

Magnetic

Cool. Yeah, the Green Envy Metallic one I'm looking at has the Recaro's. I'm sure Ford wouldn't build the Fiesta ST too small in the driver's area. They'd lose customers that way. I think what was going on was the dude wanting to sell it was in back and with the two of those dudes in the back I felt...umm...imposed upon. I'll bet it would be different alone in the car. That's the way I'd rather have it, anyway. Thanks for your input!
I'm 6'4 and don't feel cramped at all. I was concerned when I went to the dealership and was actually wanting to find out if I couls ACTUALLY fit in the Fiest ST. With the amount of seat adjustments in there, I was able to find a perfect position. I drive super comfortably with 0 issues especially given my tall height.

I also travel with my wife and never felt cramped at all. I did remove the rear seats for less wait and to have more space in the hatch area of the car. I recently bought an SUV as we're planning to have a child in the near future and when I go back to the fist, it feels totally fine.