Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AC Issues

About a year ago whilst backroading I got in a little disagreement with the asphalt about how many G's my 14' ST should pull on a corner, and unfortunately I lost the argument because it threw a little comeback about dust, and consequently I gave the mountain a little kiss. This cracked my bumper, radiator/fan shroud, among about a dozen other pieces of plastic I had to painstakingly identify in splinters. It's all back together now, but I'm still having issues with my AC.

Obviously, when I replaced the radiator and all that jazz I knew I would need to recharge it with freon. I did this and had no luck, and a few months later it's still steady at ~30psi so a freon leak is unlikely to be the issue. So, I began the deep dive into the electronics. The cabin air temp sensor that has been mentioned in other forums seems to be completely fine, but I may replace it just in case. I checked the fuse box for the compressor and it was still good.

I began to think my compressor clutch just wasn't engaging but at idle when I'd press the AC button I'd hear the rpm's drop as the compressor clutch would engage, so I would figure. I decided on a visual test, so I located the compressor in the bay and watched as the center would spin when the AC was engaged, and would be still when I would turn off.

So, the air compressor clutch seems to be good, the electronics seem to be good, and the refrigerant system seems to hold pressure. What else could I be missing?

Also, here's a flic of the shitbox post disagreement

Attachments

Ford Community Posts