Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ABS warning light and Cobb Accessport

jodyr

Premium Account
I had my wheel bearings replaced and now one of the ABS sensors is out. This shows up as the ABS and traction light being visible when the car is running. I used my Accessport to check to see which side has the bad sensor, but the fault is not showing up in the engine codes. Is there a setting I need to change on the Accessport, or is a bad ABS sensor something that would not show up on an Accessport engine code indicator? Thanks in advance for any advice anyone has.

The accessport won't be able to read ABS trouble codes. For that you'll need a more sophisticated scan tool, or Forscan. If you have a windows laptop, I'd get Forscan. You just need an OBDII dongle which aren't very pricey, and you can get a free two month license for Forscan (a year paid license is $12). But you can read trouble codes from every module and do a whole lot of stuff with it.

If you recently had work done on the bearings, I'd double check that the wheel speed sensors are all plugged in and that the wires didn't get nicked. Given there was just work done in the area and now a sensor is acting up, inclines me to think someone goofed something up.

As above, the Accessport can only talk to the PCM (powertrain control module) otherwise known as the ECU.

There are a total of 8 independent computer modules in the car that you can read with Forscan that control various other functions in the car including the ABS module.

Ford Community Posts