Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS 3D Printed Shift Knob

Trader history for diamond_rake (0)

Posted about selling shift knobs over on Reddit and they suggested throwing up an ad here. I've printed 5 of these as it seems interest on the subreddit was high enough to do a limited run.

These are cheap, customizable, lightweight shift knobs. They are printed in ABS which will not melt in a car. I've been using one for my shift knob for a month or so now and am happy with how it has turned out.
The photo is of the knobs "in the raw" as it were.Unpainted, no post-processing except removing supports and some light sanding with 220 grit. The *ONLY* post processing I am willing to do is sand them up so they are smoother. Painting will have to be done by you if you would like. I painted the letters on mine red because everyone knows red accents make your car faster. I just used acrylic paints.

20210827_222953.jpg

They don't have threads but the stick will "tap" new ones as you thread it on. I would recommend blue thread locker after threading it on once if you want it to stay put. It will stay without it, just not as well as the stock knob. It takes less force to twist them. These don't "bottom out" and will prevent you from going into reverse if you screw it on too far so be careful of that. For painting, it takes spray paint really well, just spray the letters and re-sand the overspray (maybe use some tape, idk). Acrylic is a bit harder to get even application, but no sanding required.

Here is what mine looks like.
20210820_124615.jpg

Again, these are a super limited run, mostly to gauge interest. If interest is high, I'd be open to printing more, and in different colors.

$15+shipping each (email me an address and I'll get a shipping quote, but I would be on around $5-7 for shipping). Only shipping to CONUS (sorry everyone else). I'm local to northern Utah if you want to pick one up.

Accepted forms of payment: Paypal FF, Venmo, Google Pay

Email me at: cjparkplace@protonmail.com

I have some trade history over on r/gunaccessoriesforsale and r/hardwareswap. u/diamond_rake

This post seems a little scattered but oh well. I hope I got all the information. Feel free to ask questions if you have any or are interested. Mods, take down if not allowed.

OP
diamond_rake
Thread Starter #4
I would be interested. How smooth are you able to get the finish? Looks good from the pictures so far.
Smooth enough that you can't tell by touch or at a glance that it's 3d printed. With some paint, it would be hard to tell even by really looking at it.