Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

300 WHP, Big Turbo Goal Advice

iJokster

Hello everyone, I have the all too common dream of wanting to upgrade my FiST to 300 hp. The only problem is that I'm a complete beginner at modding and I need some serious advice about what supporting upgrades I might need to be able to reach this goal.

My plan is to have a daily driver slash occasional highway run car with a bit of extra "oomph" to it. All I've got so far is a Koyorad radiator, and plan on getting a V3 Whoosh intercooler and preferably a s280 big turbo, and some sort of CARB legal blowoff/diverter valve.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, such as which steps to take first, what limitations I might face, how much money I'm looking towards, etc. Also I'm in Cali so CARB legal parts are much preferred. Thank you in advance for any advice 😁

...and dont buy Dumb stuff.
God damnit... :mad:

In all seriousness, start with brakes(better pads and rotors as a minimum) and intercooler. These are easy mods to do and, for the money, a good investment. In a pursuit of big power comes a big need to stop again. Make sure it can before giong for a turbo swap.
Start with the small things as a newbie and progress further only if you want. You can benefit from brakes and an intercooler if you decide to stop there.

OP
iJokster

iJokster

Thread Starter #5
God damnit... :mad:

In all seriousness, start with brakes(better pads and rotors as a minimum) and intercooler. These are easy mods to do and, for the money, a good investment. In a pursuit of big power comes a big need to stop again. Make sure it can before giong for a turbo swap.
Start with the small things as a newbie and progress further only if you want. You can benefit from brakes and an intercooler if you decide to stop there.
Thanks for the advice. So then I should start from the bottom up, and focus first on safe upgrades, got it. 👍

OP
iJokster

iJokster

Thread Starter #6
Good luck on not getting State ref'd when you're done!
Lol just keep the exhaust stock and don't lower it too much. No one will know. But that is a good argument to go with the whoosh hybrid turbo as it looks stock and on E40 you'll be right around 290ish HP. But the S280 on E40 would be better power wise. Probably HP about the same but you would make more tq.

If I were you first thing I would do is upgrade the intercooler then get a Cobb acessport and then get the monster E40 tune. My fiesta was kinda fast with just this and I enjoyed it that way for maybe a year before I upgraded the turbo.

OP
iJokster

iJokster

Thread Starter #9
Lol just keep the exhaust stock and don't lower it too much. No one will know. But that is a good argument to go with the whoosh hybrid turbo as it looks stock and on E40 you'll be right around 290ish HP. But the S280 on E40 would be better power wise. Probably HP about the same but you would make more tq.

If I were you first thing I would do is upgrade the intercooler then get a Cobb acessport and then get the monster E40 tune. My fiesta was kinda fast with just this and I enjoyed it that way for maybe a year before I upgraded the turbo.
Yeah, now I'm leaning towards the whoosh as I think it'll be easier to do in the long run, cheaper too. Intercooler plus tune is a good idea