Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 FiST - ECT Wiring Troubleshooting (P1299)

SIT-REP:
I upgraded my Motor Mounts to Vibra-Technics and when everything came back together I had a P1299 code. The temperature gauge on the dash goes to max before ever starting the car, so the cooling system is functioning as it should. My working theory is that I bumped the sensor and damaged the wiring to the sensor during install/reinstall of the battery box. I am in need of the PCM pinout so that I can test continuity on the harness from the PCM to the sensor. I looked through the service manual at the link below, but was unable to locate a pinout for the PCM, only instructions to remove the PCM. Any help with trying to troubleshoot this harness would be appreciated.

https://www.fofiesta7.com/ford_fiesta_2014_2019_service_manual-1.html

TROUBLESHOOTING:
Re-seat sensor and wiring harness (Done multiple times at this point)
Sensor has been replaced with OEM DY1194
Used the cold water/hot water sensor in cup method to check the impedance on old sensor and it appeared to pass the test
I also tested the impedance on the new sensor while it was in the car and it giving similar readings

NEXT STEP:
Test continuity from PCM to Sensor *NEEDS PCM PINOUT*
Order new pigtail for sensor from Ford.

STRANGE FINDING:

This is what I found when I took the sensor apart. It's orange in color when absorbed in a paper towel, but doesn't smell like antifreeze. Even if it was antifreeze I have no idea how it would get on the plug side of the sensor. My thought is I have seen similar type oils on new parts. Could this be some kind of a protective coating of sorts to prevent corrosion applied at the factory?
1727745165475.png