Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

17x8 wheel dilemma

SVTBob

Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thanks for the quick feedback ! Debating the 215 Fleva’s and the 205 PS5’s.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They are amazing, I rub very minimally it has to be a harsh bump or super steep curve. They have very nice grip pulling into turns, and of course spirted driving is amazing. It hasn’t rained much since I got them, but when I found myself in the rain they seemed to be great. (only on the interstate)
Given how much the H&R Super Sports lower the car, the slight rub is not surprising at all.
Those on less lowering type springs (like the Swift Spec Rs) do not rub at all on that, or a similar type wheel/tire setup, in any conditions/scenarios.

SVTBob

Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I bought DPros car, long time forum member. He went to the Dark Side (GR Corolla) but still lurks here. He went with MeisterR coilovers, lowered 2” in front, 1” in the rear. Right now on 16 x 8 Koenig Dekagrams with Conti Extreme Contact Sport 02‘s. (205x45x16). Close to Full Hard on the dampers, gradually backing that off a bit. I also have a set of 17 x 8 Rota Titans; tbose are the wheels I‘m thinking about putting new tires on. Very happy with the Conti’s on the Dekagrams but no suitable 17” tire size as M-Sport fan pointed out. Interestingly, the 205 PS5’s on the Titan wheels will only weigh 1 pound more each than the Conti’s and Dekagrams. The PS5’s only weigh 17.6 pounds, while the 215 Fleva’s weigh 21 pounds each. So I’m leaning toward the PS5”s if they can be had in a reasonable amount of time. I also have a nearly stock ST that I’m planning to sell but if for some reason that does not work out, I would put the Titan wheels on that.