Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

“15 AC Not Great

Hey guys! I am just curious on how everyone’s AC work and how well it does. It is scolding here in Georgia and my AC feels like it is really struggling. It gets cool, but its never COLD if you know what I mean.

Any suggestions or things I should check, or is this just how it is in these cars?

OP
samperes
Thread Starter #3
J
Mine works great. Never had an issue. You checked the charge already on the refrigerant?
Nope, honestly I’ve never dealt with AC ever in my life so I not really familiar with how to check the charge. Ill look into it though

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Mine works great. Never had an issue. You checked the charge already on the refrigerant?
I agree with this, this would be the first and most basic thing to check. It's hot as hell here and my AC is working fine.
As far as how to check it, some of my prior cars had a sight window that you could view the refrigerant flowing through and tell whether it was full or not. I'm not sure if our car has this, if anybody knows it it does that would be helpful, if not you may have to go to a shop. They have pressure gauges that they can use to check it

WannabeST

The timing of this post is hilarious, my AC in my SE failed yesterday on my drive home from work. Didn't have time to diagnose the issue so I rode my R6 to work instead today. Prior to yesterday, the AC was blowing ice cold.
(not sure if ST and SE have similar AC systems and to what extent)

My 15 blows cold! I’m in NC and reaches mid to high 90s. I’m impressed by the FiST’s AC.

Mine is ice cold 90% of the time, but it does this thing every summer when on a string of hot days, sitting at a light it would stop blowing as cold then come back. Then it stopped working all together. I pushed the plunger on the hi side and it had a ton of pressure. Hooked up some gauges and it read ok, but maybe a little low so charged it up a bit until it started blowing cold. Weather cooled off and it was fine. Next blazing hot day it starts blowing hot and I hear this PSSSHHHHHHH. it was venting from too much pressure. when I get to my destination, I pushed in the plunger on the low side to let out some pressure, It started blowing cold again once I bled some off. Been fine ever since. Weird.

OP
samperes
Thread Starter #8
I agree with this, this would be the first and most basic thing to check. It's hot as hell here and my AC is working fine.
As far as how to check it, some of my prior cars had a sight window that you could view the refrigerant flowing through and tell whether it was full or not. I'm not sure if our car has this, if anybody knows it it does that would be helpful, if not you may have to go to a shop. They have pressure gauges that they can use to check it
Cobb actually has an AC pressure gauge, which is the high pressure side (not sure how accurate it is) but it reaches 260psi maximum if I get high up in rpm. Ive read a 134-a system should be well above 300psi when 100 degrees ambient outside. Should I just try and recharge it and see what happens? I don’t want to make it produce no cold air at all is what I am scared of. It blows cool but thats at best.

I just have mine recently evacuated and recharged at work. Blows pretty cold in 90-100 degree weather. Only thing recently when the AC clutch disengages, I hear a very loud click, like very loud. It also does that click when I hit off on the cluster. It doesn’t click loud all the time so I’m wondering if something is on its way out.

OP
samperes
Thread Starter #10
Cobb actually has an AC pressure gauge, which is the high pressure side (not sure how accurate it is) but it reaches 260psi maximum if I get high up in rpm. Ive read a 134-a system should be well above 300psi when 100 degrees ambient outside. Should I just try and recharge it and see what happens? I don’t want to make it produce no cold air at all is what I am scared of. It blows cool but thats at best.
Well I checked the low pressure side and the gauge I got is reading that it is fully charged. I dont have the tools to check high pressure so I guess I have to take it to someone with the tools :(

Well I checked the low pressure side and the gauge I got is reading that it is fully charged. I dont have the tools to check high pressure so I guess I have to take it to someone with the tools :(
You need both to know the pressure differential. That’s the important part. Too much refrigerant is as bad as too little, it still won’t work right.